NOTE: Participants must abide by the COVID Policy in place at the time of the event.
In accordance with guidance and metrics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as revised policies of the National Institute of Aerospace and NASA Langley Research Center, the following COVID-19 Policy is in effect for the 2022 Gateways to Blue Skies Forum for all attendees, as of the date of April 1, 2022:
- Masks are not required for participation in this event, but are encouraged when practical. The decision to wear a mask is a personal preference, informed by your personal level of risk and comfort. Individual choices should be respected.
- Participants are asked to stay home and get tested if showing any COVID-19 related symptoms. Tests are available at most pharmacies. Free COVID-19 tests can be ordered at www.covid.gov/tests or may be available through your insurance provider. Symptoms may include:
- Extreme Fatigue
- Runny Nose
- Body Aches and Pains
- Scratchy or Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Fever or Chills
- Program staff will have a temperature gun available for participants to take their temperature if they are not feeling well. If any participant has a fever of more than 100.3, they will not be permitted to attend Blue Skies events.
- Participants in the Blue Skies Forum are encouraged to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccines (i.e., a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s), when eligible).
- Participants are encouraged to practice proper and frequent hand-washing protocol.
- If a person has a recently confirmed case of COVID-19 (within 5 days prior to the Forum):
- Do not attend the Forum.
- Stay at home and isolate from other for at least 5 full days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons). Wear a mask when around others for an additional 5 days.
- If unvaccinated:
- Get tested and self-quarantine for at least 5 full days if you have been exposed to someone that tested positive for COVID-19.
- Stay home and self-quarantine for a full 5 days after international travel.
- All travelers, vaccinated or unvaccinated, should get tested 3-5 days upon return from international travel and monitor for symptoms.
This policy and requirements are subject to change at any time leading up to the Forum. Participants will be made aware of any changes to this policy. It is every participant’s responsibility to remain apprised of the policy and any changes prior to arrival in Hampton, VA.